Members of Thomsaville Area Board of REALTORS®
Just as the housing market begins to recover, more and more people are looking at new ways to tax and regulate real estate. You and I both know that’s going to hurt our business.
You’ve probably heard of threats to our livelihood like the potential elimination of the Mortgage Interest Deduction. Did you know that just this year REALTORS® nearly lost the right to advise our clients on contracts or write special stipulations without being a licensed attorney? I want to share 10 examples of how RPAC has protected our business and promoted a thriving community. By pooling our resources and using our collective influence REALTORS® accomplished the following:
- Defended REALTORS®’ ability to write special stipulations and provide advisement to their clients in the completion of a real estate contract.
- Prevented cities and counties in Georgia from charging individual agents a business license fee for each jurisdiction in which they conduct business.
- Blocked a 6% state sales tax on real estate commissions.
- Defeated legislation to mandate a termite inspection prior to closing.
- Passed a $1,800 statewide homebuyer tax credit.
- Protected water rights for Georgia property owners by preserving our riparian rights system.
- Prevented local governments from registering residential rental property
- Prevented statewide point-of-sale plumbing retrofit mandates.
- Passed legislation to allow financing of solar technology.
- Defeated legislation that would have required all REALTORS® who sold property via competitive bid, sealed bid or silent bid, to be licensed as an auctioneer in Georgia.
The purpose of RPAC isn’t to support candidates, it’s to support REALTORS® like you and me. Our goal is to get pro-REALTOR® candidates elected at the local, state, and federal levels, who share our support for homeownership and free enterprise, and who will give fair consideration to our concerns. Investing in RPAC is one of the easiest things you can do to protect your business.
I invest in RPAC, and I hope you will too! For Statewide RPAC Day, the (your local board) would like to raise our RPAC participation by 5%. Please help us reach our goal by investing in RPAC today at the link provided:https://nar.ai360.aristotle.com/AI360FormBuilder/(S(fyybov2vbw1gmjvtm2qxczo1))/Login.aspx
GARPAC contributions are voluntary and are used for political purposes. Contributions are not deductible for Federal Income Tax purposes. The Association will not favor or disadvantage anyone by reason of the amount of their contribution, and you may refuse to contribute without reprisal by the Association. Seventy percent of each contribution is split between Georgia RPAC to support state and local political candidates and Georgia RIAC for issues mobilization and education. Thirty percent is sent to National RPAC to support Federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 2 U.S.C. 441a.